Wednesday, June 6, 2012

In rememberance of a fierce library advocate, a great writer: Ray Bradbury.

- "I spent three days a week for 10 years educating myself in the public library, and it's better than college. People should educate themselves - you can get a complete education for no money. At the end of 10 years, I had read every book in the library and I'd written a thousand stories."

- “Libraries raised me.  I don’t believe in colleges and universities. I believe in libraries.." 
  
- "You must read dreadful dumb books and glorious books, and let them wrestle in beautiful fights inside your head, vulgar one moment, brilliant the next. You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads. I wish you a wrestling match with your Creative Muse that will last a lifetime. I wish craziness and foolishness and madness upon you .... which finally means, may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world."
 
- "My tunes and numbers are here.  They have filled my years, the years when I refused to die.  And in order to do that I wrote, I wrote, I wrote, at noon or 3:00AM.  

 So as not to be dead."

No comments:

Post a Comment