Monday, January 14, 2013

today i'm catching up on tomorrow's questions

I began subscribing to C-PET's updates a few semesters ago when I was taking my first IAKM course on Futures Research, taught by Michael Nelson.  I always look forward to updates from Nigel Cameron, and now that I've had some time to catch up on most of my RSS and e-mails, I've had some time to catch up on some sage insights, which is something I thoroughly enjoy.  So today I'm reading Nigel Cameron's commentary, learning more about the tragic loss of Aaron Swartz and his extreme but heroic fight for open access, and re-listening to Ray Kurzweil speak about his studies on the neocortex and how technology really is an extension of human intelligence.

And I think it's fitting to include a quote of Nigel Cameron's 2013 things to watch.
   "It's a comment on our complacency that there is not enormous alarm across the political and social spectrum at the advances being made by artificial intelligence and robotics in the workplace"

No comments:

Post a Comment